It can be lonely running your own business. You’re on top of the world one day, and the next day, you’re ready to throw in the towel. Where do you turn to celebrate your successes or to get support when you’re down? A Peer Advisory Board.
By participating in a Peer Advisory Board, business owners can create a support system in which they help each other, offer expertise and advice, and hold each other accountable. They cheer each other on, and push each other when necessary. As a result, Peer Group members see their businesses perform better, grow faster, earn more money and work fewer hours.
Seven Reasons Business Owners Join Peer Groups
- Support. You can learn most from someone who has walked in your shoes and walked down the path you are on. Plus, people like this tend to be more credible when they give advice.
- Commitment. When you give advice, it makes you more committed to that action for yourself.
- Accountability. The group can keep you on track with your commitments and priorities.
- Time. The group provides a filter to help you focus on just what you need at the time you need it.
- Outside perspective. Your peers are like scouts who see different pieces of the changing landscape than you do. It helps to step out of the office and hear about what’s going on around you.
- Improvement in business performance. Hear about what other business owners do to grow their business.
- Peace of mind. When you realize you’re not alone, you can start to rest easy and relax, which will improve your life outside of your business.
Anchor Advisors facilitates Peer Advisory Groups for qualifying business owners. We are currently forming peer groups to meet the needs of businesses that are not yet ready to take advantage of our other services. To apply to join a group fill in the contact form in the left-hand column and a group facilitator will contact you for an interview.
IN THEIR OWN WORDS….
Anchor Advisors not only helped me come up with short-term and long-term goals for my business, but they also connected me with the resources to implement those goals. They can offer a wealth of information on so many aspects of a business – from marketing to finance to general operations. I am confident in recommending Anchor Advisors to other businesses.”
Media Staffing Network