Are you are a motivated individual looking to build a career in sales? The successful candidate will support our outside sales team by being the point of contact for our national customer base. You will have constant contact with our customers; receiving/processing orders, managing order and delivery issues, helping them to identify new growth opportunities and upselling them new products. This role includes understanding customer needs and matching that with our in-house design capabilities to generate new product ideas. You’ll be successful if you can build relationships and share the clients enthusiasm for products that reflect their park and are attractive to their visitors.
McGovern & Co is passionate about creating beautiful maps and tasteful souvenirs for tourists who visit our many National Parks. Our product line was launched with vintage maps of Grand Teton National Park and has since grown to become a trusted partner of the U.S. National Park gift stores and other cultural attractions. Today you can find our many souvenirs in State and National parks, ski resorts and vacation destinations across the country. Our virtual team operates from home-offices throughout the Chicago area, getting together periodically for face-to-face meetings.
The position will include a wide variety of responsibilities including:
- Identify sales opportunities and selling our product range to both existing and new customers.
- Knowledge of our product range and capabilities to design custom products.
- Organizing site visits to customer locations for our outside sales team to help nurture relationships.
- Getting to Know our customers and what other products they may need to enable you to help them to broaden their offerings.
- Ability to work with our design team, articulating customer needs and managing the project through to completion.
- Trade show preparation and attendance.
- Working with customers to enter their sales orders and get them delivered on time.
- Customer Service; Provide superior customer service and have the ability to problem solve for damaged goods, complaints and returns.
- Identifying process improvement in how we sell to our customers.
- Prepare Price lists, brochures & other sales materials.
- Prepare weekly sales reports & forecasts.
We are seeking candidates who possess the following skill set:
- Minimum 1 year experience in product sales, or supporting field sales people.
- Track record of meeting and exceeding sales and performance goals.
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
- Superior organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task and perform under pressure.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel (pivot tables), Brightpearl or ERP systems, Asana PM, G-Suite.
- A professional attitude with a desire to deliver great customer service.
- Confidence answering the phone and responding to customers.
- College degree preferred.
- Gift/ Souvenir industry experience and/or product wholesale experience a plus.
- Available for travel to site visits and trade shows as and when needed.
If this opportunity excites you and you are interested in applying please answer our screening questions below and complete the application form.