Here’s a list of things that I’m moving off my plate focus on making progress on my biggest goals:
- I’m checking the news only once a day, for 30 minutes.
- I’m saying no to networking requests. I love meeting people, but I need the calendar space.
- I’m saying no to “coffee,” even with “business friends.” I love you, but I got work to do.
- I’m saying no to content collaborations with peers – unless it’s meeting one of my key goals, I have to pass.
- I’m letting my team triage my email box, website leads, and inbound requests.
- I’ve found a tool that lets me send emails without opening my email client (the inbox is too distracting.)
- I’ve found a tool to post to my social channels without seeing my timeline. (The timeline is too distracting.)
- I’m block scheduling my time so that I don’t wander off of this plan!
To make more progress, I need more focus. What are you willing to give up, shut down, or minimize to make more progress on your biggest goals?
Hit reply and let me know; I’ll gather everyone’s best ideas!
P.S There’s still time to up your business development game before the economy kicks into high gear! Here’s our assessment that will give you some next steps: http://www.anchoradvisors.com/sales-growth/