I’ll be honest with you; for about a year, I told myself that I was going to do video.
I think we’re at the point where we all realize video is something that you need to have as part of your marketing mix. It’s not optional anymore.
It’s not that I wasn’t committed to it.
I spent money; I bought a fancy camera and some lights. I booked time on my calendar. I found an editor. But six months later, I had shot ZERO videos.
I felt like a failure.
Why is it that I want to do something, but then I don’t DO IT?
- I was scared, afraid of failing, afraid of looking stupid.
- It seemed complicated and unfamiliar. The equipment was confusing.
- I wasn’t clear on my goal. I knew I needed a video for a landing page, and some content for YouTube, but what did that mean in terms of what I was going to shoot?
Writing is something I learned in school; video was not.
Over time I’ve learned that when I want to get better at something, I hire a coach.
- If I want to improve my health, I hire a trainer.
- If I want to improve my spiritual life, I work with a Spiritual Director.
- If I want to grow my business, I hire a Business Coach.
- If I want to shoot video, I hire Nina!
Hiring a coach means that I accelerate my learning by getting access to their knowledge and experience. Nina taught me that I didn’t need my fancy camera. My phone would work fine!
Hiring a coach means I get results faster. I’m not a patient person, and I have a lot to do, so if it takes a long time to get results, I’m out. Nina made sure I was shooting videos in 3 weeks and had videos to post in a month!
Hiring a coach increases my confidence. No more fear of failure, Nina’s got my back! I don’t know how to get over fear by myself!
I mention this because Nina’s got a brand-new Vlog Cohort program that gets you set up, making high-quality videos in no time. In the program you will meet other business owners giving you real-time feedback on everything you create and shoot.
What are you putting off right now? What is critical to your success that you have to nail to make 2020 a success? Hit reply and let me know.