How do you DELIGHT your agency’s clients?
Creative service businesses tend to have a small number of clients (8 – 12) that make up the bulk of their revenue each year. So keeping those clients happy is crucial to your success.
What does it mean to “delight” clients of a creative services firm? What will separate you from the other agencies competing for their business?
- Solve problems, but not just the problems they bring you! Solve the problems they didn’t know they had! (Remember, you are the expert.)
- Make them look good in front of their boss. Help them to report on what you do in a way that makes them look smart and accomplished.
- Warn them of dangers they haven’t encountered yet (which help them to look smart in front of their boss). Help them to avoid big mistakes.
- Don’t just deliver on-time and under budget, but throw in a little extra something that they weren’t expecting.
- Connect the work you are doing to their company’s biggest challenges. Demonstrate the impact of your agency’s efforts.
- Show up when you aren’t getting paid. Go to key meetings, attend their conferences, be available for counsel and advice, even if you aren’t paid to do it.
Looking at this list what occurs to me is how well we need to know our clients and their businesses in order to deliver this kind of delight.
What else would you add to this list? What works in your firm to delight your best clients? Hit reply and let me know.
Interested In having Brad speak at your next event?
"*" indicates required fields