What are the things that make you the happiest in your life? Those times or activities that make you feel like life is worth living, that feed your soul.
When I was brainstorming this, I came up with:
- Spending time with my children
- Visiting National Parks and experiencing wild places.
- Live music and dancing!
- A good talk over dinner with friends
The last year has had precious little of any of those things.
On the other hand, I can’t remember any time in my life where sitting in front of a computer made me feel at all the way those experiences make me feel.
In the last year, I’ve spent a lot of time in front of a computer.
I’m working at the same computer where I met with my friends, and where I went to church, and where I visit with my kids.
Is it any wonder that we’re feeling low energy? That we’re having trouble getting traction on our biggest goals?
What can I do now to feed my soul?
How can we connect the things we’re doing now with those things we love?
- If I make more progress now, it will be easier for me to take time off later.
- I could plan a trip now so that, when it’s safe, I can be prepared to go!
- How could I design a music experience that I could have with my friends at a distance?
When any area of our life is getting ignored, it drags down all the other areas. We are whole beings, and all our “parts” need to be cared for.
How are you caring for yourself right now? What could you do to feed those passions that you are cut off from now?